Saturday, September 3, 2011

THE BEAUTIFICATION OF THESE HERE TOLEDO, OHIO

In this little burgh, 1% of taxpayers’ money goes to the beautification of the city. This includes artwork and plants. I would like to invite you on a short trip around the block from Studio 566 to see what I have seen.

DANCING ON A POLE
Parking Meter cozies are, apparently, the new rage. These things are popping up all over town. I do not, for the life of me, quite understand their symbolism – but I imagine there could be a market for pole cozies in the adult entertainment industry.








Toledo... seriously, W T F?





 


Here is a light pole that is cleverly painted with a pattern of a smoking drunk kitty. 


Really, a cat with a beer and a blunt. ME-OW.
We have new plants also! This is for when out of towners come to visit. They will behold the great beauty of the Glass City and tell their friends. Consequently, those friends will come visit to behold our giant topiary phalluses.

FREUD IS LIVID!



THE SHOES
ATTENTION: THE RAPTURE OCCURRED
AND ONE HOMELESS MAN MADE IT FROM TOLEDO, OH.


They sit as a pair, in the empty parking lot as a testament of humanity's fragility. Whose shoes were these? Will the homeless man by the river take them for his journey? They sit as a pair, at the end of the line. The river rolls before them. Could it have been a suicide? No one knows. Only the river, the line, and the shoes. (It's a pair of shoes I saw in the parking lot fer cryin out loud).








In these here Toledo, Ohio we have shoes -- East of Columbus in Lancaster, Ohio, there are 3000 PANTIES HANGING FROM THE TREES!

I wonder how much Columbus pays in taxes for such beautification....
FORESTRY
To counter balance the results of our 1% funding, I jaunted out to one of my favorite places in this area: Cullen Park on the banks of Lake Erie. It is still very popular for fishing (Don’t eat the fish!!)

REALLY... DON'T.

And hanging out. There are still the firepits that I remember sitting around when I was a teenager.  There are also spiders—lots and lots of spiders: long spiders, tiny spiders, fat spiders, big ass spiders. With spiders come spider webs so skillfully woven across the walkway’s path. I didn’t sleep for 2 nights as I was wrestling imaginary strands of silk.


AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!


LILY PADS LEAD US TO THE SERENITY OF EAST SIDE TOXINS




PHOTO OF ACTUAL EAST SIDEIAN


SCARIEST HOLE, EVER.



PRETTY



JUNGLE ON THE NORTH END





BEAST IN THE JUNGLE


ONLY IN THESE HERE TOLEDO

WAIT... WUT??


SINGING SKY LIONS
LAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!


ANIMATION CLASS
Is killing me. I had never so much as OPENED Flash let alone animate anything with it. It is an amazing program but I would prefer other populations work with it. I did manage my very own animation. Please make yourselves comfortable and enjoy the movie.





I smell an ANNIE!!! (That's an international award for animation for all of you civilians)


STUDIO 566
LOOK AT THESE PENCILS! LOOK AT THEM DAMMIT! Stay tuned as I will soon be receiving DERWENT'S GRAPHITINT PENCILS. I am very excited about this. I saw some work utilizing these pencils and it was EXACTLY what I had imagined for my fly woman. 


BUY THEM HERE


ARMIN MERSMANN
Check out this art. LOOK AT IT DAMMIT! This man's gallery is where I discovered the tinted graphite work. He is amazing. I am planning on studying his graphite work intensely. 


 Mersmann's Graphite




Tinted Graphite



This work is truly inspiring...




MY WORK
THE FRAILEST LEAVES OF ME

HERE the frailest leaves of me, and yet my strongest-lasting:
Here I shade and hide my thoughts—I myself do not expose them,
And yet they expose me more than all my other poems.

Walt Whitman -- Leaves of Grass.  1900.




THE END




No comments:

Post a Comment