Saturday, August 4, 2012

THE WORKS OF STUDIO 566

These pieces will bring all up to date. I have been on a brief 6 week (much needed) sabbatical - except from drawing. I have now returned to post.

I am currently working on a little book for my little Irish Prince, Faolan. The story is finished and I am designing the cover... Until then, here is what has happened in the last 5 and one half weeks:

PEEPS




BARNEY OLDFIELD


Barney Oldfield is a race car driver who was the man of his time. Henry Ford once said of him that Barney did more for the Automobile industry than Ford himself. There is an independent film project on the horizon that will be a bio of this Wauseon, Ohio hometown hero.

The producer/director, having seen some of my artwork, was intrigued. This was the result of the partnership. I used a warm gray medium toothed paper with graphite and conte crayon. I was playing in the stylings of Dirk Dzmirsky.

Yeah. Not even close...








GIGGLES I and GIGGLES II
These were born from a conversation where I was reiterating a dream for "shits and giggles." The listener commented that "Giggles would be a great name for a stripper - who was anything BUT a reflection of her name. Again, this is graphite and conte crayon on the scraps left behind from Barney Oldfield.


POLITICS
National:


GAY-FIL-A
If you live in the United States, you would really have to be doing some heavy hippie living in the mountains to not hear about Chick-fil-A's president proclaiming that he does not believe that gays should have the right to get married.

Good Gay marriage fearing folks who agreed went to Chick-fil-A to show their support of the political statement. Good Gays went to Chick-fil-A to kiss. Both sides are goofy - and the restaurant has made more money in the last few weeks than it has in it's history.

I really hate when I am supposed to boycott the stuff I like. May the McDonald's Happy Meal NEVER put its toe in the political arena.


Local:
There will be 7 levies on the ballot for the next election in These Here Toledo. The city is near bankrupt and it is squeezing and bleeding its citizens to the point of exodus. Don is a certain local AM radio station's "EVERYMAN" who chose to stay in this city, buy a house, work, have a family, etc. He is also getting crushed under all of the tax burdens and has been made the station's Poster Boy for Political commentary.



THE BUNNIES OF STUDIO 566



Right or wrong, I believe that all animals function in perfect alignment with creation. Whether you apply this with a religious bent or secular bent -- I believe it is a spiritual truth. Animals operate and behave exactly how they are supposed to according to their instincts. THAT is GLORY.




And then, the dark one dreams and waits.

I THINK THIS IS FUNNY.
BUNTHULU RISES




BLACKOUT BUNNY
We had horrific storms and underwent a blackout for a week. The temperatures were record high and my days were spent keeping the bunnies and myself cool. As the sun would go down, this would be just one of the images I would see...










LE JACK NOIR
Drawn while killing time during the intense labor involved birth of my grandson.



I HAS FEET
This is a piece about finding similarities even in the seemingly most different individuals.




THE WAKE UP CALL
I saw Lance kiss the baby. And the baby woke up.





Russette was not as amused with the new arrival. She must have stared at him like that for 20 minutes.






HARE DE LUNE
It makes me weep, every time.




THE BUN CARD
Someone always plays it.




THE LAGOMORTH OF THE OBDURATE MOONS

I came up with the name with the help of The Random Pulp Science Fiction Title Generator from Cornelius Zappencackler's Derange-o-Lab:
http://thrilling-tales.webomator.com/derange-o-lab/title-o-tron.shtml



COLOR PENCIL


MONA LISA - OH THAT SMILE!




FEEL BETTER.



SHE LOVES ME...






I LOVE YOU TOO.








No comments:

Post a Comment