Sunday, May 27, 2012

ONE OF THESE DAYS

I am hoping to take this quarter off with my classes. My academic adviser and I are playing phone tag over this lovely holiday weekend. I am burned out scholastically, getting geared up for a new professional adventure (stay tuned) and am losing my mind. Also, I will be a grandmother any moment now...


Please, NO UNMEDICATED EMAILING. Thank-You.
The Establishment.
...it can’t be helped if there’s a lot of it about.


AND IF

The cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunesI'll see you on
I love when stories start: We fired our lead singer and his best friend is was the artist...



The above were three samples that I gathered. The final poster is the one that put it all into:

Haven't heard from them since.



TICKING AWAY
the moments that make up a dull day. Fritter and waste the hours. In an off-hand way.

A very surrealistic way to spend moments that make up a dull day...

Balldroppings.com

The balls fall and you draw lines. As the ball hits the line, it emanates a sound. The tone is controlled through gravity, placement of the line, speed and alcohol consumption on the users part. There are control nobs to the users' bottom right. Not the nobs on the users' right bottom, the nobs on the bottom right of the users' screen.



I make the same sounds when my bottom right is adjusted


Collins' Craptastic Cacophony of Kvetch

I felt artsy, intelligent, and wasted all at the same time. After 30 minutes that I will never again have in my life, I discovered this - THE PAGE OF DIRECTIONS:

Balldroppings Expose

Now... I am just merely confused. There is such a thing as too many possibilities for us dim witted, you know.

Please, Follow Directions. Thank-You.
The Management.































KICKING AROUND ON A PIECE OF GROUND IN THESE HERE TOLEDO
(Waiting for someone or something to show you the way)

That-a-way, Bay-bee!

Austin is my shining beacon every morning in These Here Toledo. He points me right to my studio come rain or shine. I can't see him in the dark, however.



My Dream Van


Let's play: "Guess Which Bumper Sticker Caught My Attention"

WAS IT:
[A] If Found Please Return to Detroit
[B] Libertarian
[C] I'm Not Wearing Pants
[D] Parent Honor Student
[E] The "Family" stickers illustrating this particular nuclear family as one with plenty of guns, knives, hunting dogs and archery equipment. Apparently, the youngest girl poses the biggest threat to the unit as she is the only one unarmed, is surrounded, and has an arrow heading right for her head.

ɔ : ɹəʍsuɐ


TELL THEM WHAT THEY'VE WON, JOHNNY!
They've won
SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS! 
[Cheers from Crowd Here]


SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!



The lovely Carol Merril Models
SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!








I say! I now have a fancy place
to store my nuts -- in my brand new
SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!










SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!
SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!SQUIRREL UNDERPANTS!


US AND THEM
When the relations would come to visit my dad used to blithely say, "Oh, boy. The circus is in town."





Is it just me, or are there vague similarities between the Clown Cruiser and this:




COINCIDENCE?
Or mere semantics?
What are semantics?
“Haven't you heard it's a battle of words,” the poster bearer cried.



RUN, RUN RABBIT RUN

The Newest from Studio 566:

FOLLOW HIM
Illustrator



DEATH WITH HIS BUNNY II
Illustrator



STEAMPUNK
Illustrator


STEAMPUNK JACK
Graphite


RUSSETTE AND HER ATTITUDE
Watercolor & Ink



All the above bunnies can be found at: http://www.zazzle.com/ragingbuns
In fact, if you click HERE it will take you HERE.





THE SUN IS THE SAME IN THE RELATIVE WAY


A Pink Floyd exploration. PIG MAN
First, how to draw a pig:




Then I draw the rest of the Floydian illustration:





HOME, HOME AGAIN…Across the small yard lives the neighbor. Somewhere else somewhere near lives a mild mannered young boy who dresses as WOLVERINE. Everyday. EVERY. DAY. I managed to capture this elusive creature as he ding dong ditched the neighbor and was succeeding in his plan of escape.

In that single instant, he was Wolverine.
Len Wein



One afternoon, not so long after this, the elusive creature was spotted with super-hero drawers down around his ankles whizzing on that larger bush. I do not know what the neighbors did to incure the Wrath of Wolverine, but I am glad I am not them.


The neighbor's bush after
WOLVERINATING





PIECES OF ME


My version of fuzzy dice

My River




One of these days I'm going to cut you into little pieces...


Pink Floyd Was Here



3 comments:

  1. Each time I read this blog, I find something utterly fascinating and titillating!

    You teach not only about design and illustration - but you also show us how the world around you makes you the artist that you are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all, we're just a...nother prick in the mall

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I understood one thing in this blog this time which made it even more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete