Monday, March 7, 2011

ANOTHER WEEK, ANOTHER.... UH.... WEEK

::PATPAT::
I won another Zazzle recognition on Squidoo! Another featured product for BEST OF ZAZZLE WEEKLY WEEK 9 2011! I present the poster of CHIP THE MONK:

Read about it here: http://www.squidoo.com/the_best_of_zazzle_weekly
archive: http://bestofzazzleweekly.posterous.com

There are so many wonderful things featured in the BEST OF ZAZZLE WEEKLY that this is truly an honor!
 





 
LICK THIS
I was approached by Zazzle this week, because they wanted verification that a piece of work was actually mine! I was school girl giddy thinking someone was mistaking my illustration work for... well... someone else's! There is heavy Beatrix Potter behind this one, but that is it. The work was for a US postage stamp. I received a follow up letter (after I inadvertently sent about 15 emails to differing addresses inquiring, WTF? But in a nice business way). The letter was very sweet from a woman named, Amanda and she encouraged me to resubmit the stamp and reassured me the they were simply trying to protect my intellectual property. I know THAT is a lie because I have no intellect. <rimshot>.

 HOW IN THE...
... name of all things good is ANYONE supposed to type the metaphysical symbol for planet Earth in their CAPTCHA? It says to "Enter the following two words." I am pretty sure that THAT is not a word. I'm going to start collecting some of the more creative ones. I must have stared at this for a good five minutes, debating whether or not I was up for the challenge.

▲ ▲
Momchan


OH, AND ONE MORE THING
I sold an inordinate amount of these in the past week: 

MY MINIONS
A minion is featured in one of my shirts! She sent this picture for us to admire! THANK-YOU, MINION!!


LOVE LOVE LOVE
Here are the two troubled boys in a moment of peace. I have been working on bonding them. It has been a long haul. I have been able to bath them together without incident. Lance does well in Sammy's cage as he gets groomed. (Although we had to cool off the other day because Lance became snarky). When Sammy is on the outside though (He is incarcerated due to chewing issues), Lance gets feisty.

Bunnies are incredibly territorial. They look cute and fluffy but cross their boundary and you could end up bloody and full of shame. You, as a human, may THINK you can teach a rabbit that it's YOUR house, but you are sadly mistaken. Everything is theirs. Including your soul.
Sammy and Lancelot
I also ran across a picture of Dutch bunnies at 3 days old. Lance (Bunny on the reader's right) is a Dutch.

Sometimes I debate myself about being absolutely obsessed with these guys. Then, one day, myself showed me something rather interesting; a portrait painted by Milton Glaser. Who knew? Of course, when Mr. Glaser speaks of Mookie, it isn't with much love. 

My goodness. Isn't Mookie handsome? Milton Glaser once said that “art should keep us from killing each other by showing us what we have in common."


James Victore believes design should be a “big fucking stick with spikes that hits us over the head."

Check out James Victore's work. It is exceptional.
http://www.jamesvictore.com




DAD OF THE YEAR
Truly, I have had so many times like this with my kids. I still do, although we don't dance or sing together much. If I play BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY, AMERICAN PIE or BLUE ON BLACK, then we sing. In fact, we will all drop everything to sing BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY. I pray that never ends. At 1:04 notice the pet white rat crawling on the chair. Willard appears a bit earlier but you can really see him at 1:04. He crawls around a bit, goes off somewhere, comes back and crawls back in the chair. Anyway, here is to Daddy's dancing with their daughters. When I danced with mine, I stood on his feet. Good lord that man could Jitter Bug.


In closing this week, I present to you TRACY NELSON. Her band was Mother Earth. This song is one of her originals, Down So Low. Her voice is POWERFUL. There is no other word for it. She was a contemporary of Janice Joplin who never managed the commercial success. I have this song in my song list.
 

If you ever find a marvelous music video but cannot find a free MP3, I suggest visiting the web page:
http://www.youtubetomp3.com

With a free account (I signed in with Facebook), you can put the address of the youtube video where directed. They (whomever they are) convert the video to an MP3. They then give you a link where you can download the MP3. It is marvelous.Thank-you, They.




No comments:

Post a Comment