Monday, April 4, 2011

GONE FISHIN'

I have just begun another illustration class. We are already getting into hot and heavy discussions about copyright. I can hardly wait to share my sordid tales of past employers and their illicit use of illegal images. Also, 566 is up to their eyeballs (that would be my eyeballs) in a graphite illustration. Oddly, it's a love/hate relationship. So goes my experience with commissioned pieces.

The process starts well enough. Someone seeks me out for my illustration skills/style/quirkiness - however one labels my work. There is always a very serious discussion. I am so serious when it comes down to business and talking shop. The idea is that people will know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am serious about what I do.

After the business is negotiated, the project begins... the process is unleashed. I spend at least three days avoiding the job and trying to not think about it.

As seen on http://www.illustrophile.com


And so it goes: Motorcycle Man is the latest project. I am chronicling the adventure.



So far, the piece resembles Darth Vader poking something in his eye. I know not motorcycles so research is a must. I am drawing things that... well... I just don't know what they are.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having a little trouble drawing the rest of the fucking owl. The circles were pretty easy.

    Just do the fucking motorcycle.

    ReplyDelete